Across the board, good training habit hygiene almost directly correlates to athletic success. Many people train hard, but few can make the statement that they support their physical efforts with the small, pedestrian details that aggregate to support greatness.
Take the short 16 question quiz below. If you answered yes to all 16, congratulations. We know olympic gold medalists that can to. Did you hit 14? How about 10? Consider this an athletic checkup.
Post results to comments.
Training Habits Questionnaire
1. I keep a training journal. Yes No
2. I get good quality sleep. Yes No
3. I think of my nutrition as an Yes No
4. I can tell you right now, how much Yes No
fat I had for breakfast.
5. I ate breakfast. Yes No
(Coffee is not breakfast)
6. Recovery is part of my training Yes No
plan. (ice-bath, massage, stretching)
7. I train 5-6 days a week to support Yes No
8. I have a strength and conditioning Yes No
9. I write yearly goals and have
have a written plan to get better. Yes No
10. I’m a better athlete than Yes No
I was last year.
11. It just doesn’t matter. I’m legit! Yes No
12. I regularly learn to play new Yes No
13. I outwork my competitive Yes No
14. My fitness does not limit my Yes No
15. I feel in control of my life. Yes No
as an athlete.
16. Winning is more fun than losing. Yes No
And remember, the new schedule starts October First!
This means 7am classes and some noon classes!