Friday, October 06, 2006

Contact

Hey all,

I just got an email from Piera Damonte, one of the team 6 old guard, that I thought you guys might enjoy:

"In early September, I went for a short backpacking trip and decided to put my legs to the test by loading my pack as heavy as I could, even to the point of carrying almost exclusively canned foods - enough to feed myself and my 2 packmates for 3 days and more. Even though none of us could hardly lift the pack, once I got it on, we marched over New Army Pass (at 12,000+ft.) confidently, passing 2 groups en route. Was I sore the next day? Or at all, ever, over those 4 days? No. After I got back from that, I had 1 day's rest and I then got on a plane bound for Colorado and was the #5 runner for the Penguins running team for the Outward Bound Relay (trans-Rockies relay race)- brutal runs, again, at elevation, with some substantial elevation gains and losses. I ran a total of 3 legs for 18+ miles even though I hadn't been running hardly at all since June. Was I ever sore? No. Stiff? No. Normally I would be! On my last 6 mile leg I even busted out some pushups before taking off (see pic) and sprinted the first and last 1/4 miles. Insane. It really is astounding. More and (much) bigger adventures to come. Thanks for all of your help..."




Nice work Piera! Hope to see you back soon.

Stay Strong,
-Bozman

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just dropped in to say thanks to all for the friendly welcome last Saturday morning. It was great to meet you all and to be able to spend a little time trying some of the Crossfit training style. A welcome change from being couped up in coaches and hotels while taking in some of the USA scenery on our brief visit to the USA. A little frustrating that injury prevented me from doing any of the pressing exercises but pleased to see I could still crank out a fair 500m on the Concept 2 erg.

Best wishes to all!

John Rippon, Lower Hutt
New Zealand.