Friday, April 18, 2008

Interview with a Movement: Overhead Squat


The overhead squat can be one's greatest ally in the quest for all-around strength and mobility, but more often than not it is misunderstood and even shunned. The investigative team here at SFCF goes straight to the source...

SFCF:
You've been called a wonderful programming addition, builder of 'dad-strength', a symphonic expression of knee, hip and shoulder mobility, but also a vicious unforgiving she-bitch. Why such a disparity in public opinion surrounding your image?

Overhead Squat (OHS):
I think it comes down to familiarity. I admit that I am a bit odd..even rare. Sometimes it takes people a while before my appearance no longer frightens them. Once people get used to the idea of me, we usually get along just fine, although there may be some bumps along the road...




SFCF:
Bumps? How does someone avoid these bumps?

OHS:
Well, even after getting used to my existence, I am rather demanding. I absolutely can not stand any instability above the hip and below the wrist of an arm outstretched overhead. I am also in love with mobility and therefore do not care for those without it. I punish those I deem unworthy with 'bridge-in-the-earthquake' syndrome and 'baby-deer legs'. Understand it's really nothing personal. I just have standards like anyone else.

SFCF:
What are your favorite aspects about yourself?

OHS:
I would have to say my ability to humble even the very strong is rewarding. I also am quite proud of the amount of postural awareness and effort I can create with my presence. I've overheard people mention that they dislike and even hate me...that just re-affirms my belief that I am doing something right...just like Julie de Lespinasse always says “you know that when I hate you, it is because I love you to a point of passion that unhinges my soul". Actually all that hate-talk is quite flattering.



SFCF:
Thanks for your time. Any plans for the future?

OHS:
You're welcome. As long as I can continue to meet such wonderful, open-minded people and spread my message I know I will find success.



-Boz

3 comments:

FilthyBrit said...

I just reached a higher plane of existence. Thank you, OHS.

I think I'm going to go watch Tron.

Unknown said...

ohs i know we have a love hate relationship... but i grow fonder of you weekly you horrible slut bucket. Someday, mark my words, someday i will do you bodyweight for 10+.

Anonymous said...

http://libertarianrepublican.blogspot.com/2009/02/australia-arson-suspect-arrested-muslim.html